Located in southeastern Connecticut, the Lawrence + Memorial Cancer Center, in affiliation with Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care, offers a number of clinical services in the treatment of cancer.
Our clinical services include:
- Medical oncology, provided by Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care. Medical oncology includes chemotherapy and infusion treatments.
- Hematology services, offered by our medical oncology team, in affiliation with Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care. Skilled care from compassionate, local providers for patients with any type of non-cancerous disorders affecting the blood, lymph nodes, and bone marrow.
- Radiation oncology, provided by Yale School of Medicine. Radiation services offered at the Cancer Center include image-guided radiation therapy, intensity–modulated radiation therapy, cone beam computed topography, prone breast positioning, Calypso, Rapid Arc and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy(SBRT).
- Gynecologic (GYN) oncology, by Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode Island. Providing specialized treatment for cancers of the reproductive system occurring in women, including, but not limited to, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, endometrial cancer and cervical cancer.
- Lab services, available on site. For the convenience of patients receiving treatment at the center, laboratory testing services are also housed in the restful environment of the L+M Cancer Center.
- On-site Pharmacy services: The medical oncology unit includes an on-site pharmacyand is staffed by experienced Clinical Pharmacists, with oncology certifications in the practice of oncology pharmacy. The pharmacy staff is nationally certified Pharmacy technicians to assure efficient and safe preparation and administration of all chemotherapeutic agents. To enhance patient safety, use of advanced technologies, such as a computerized ordering system and bar-coded medications are deployed. Our pharmacists are available to answer patient questions. The pharmacy is unable to fill personal prescriptions.
The Lawrence + Memorial Cancer Center, located in Southeastern Connecticut, employs a large team of specialists offering one of the best in comprehensive cancer care services.
- Director Nursing/Operations
- Thomas Schumacher, BSN, MHA
- Ellen Cook, BSN, OCN,RN, Nursing Manager
- Reanu Morton, BSN, RN
- Heidi Schilke, BSN, RN, OCN
- Katrina O'Campo-Sheehan, BSN, RN, OCN
- Margaret Haire, BSN, RN, OCN
- Jessica LaRoux, BSN, RN, OCN
- Jackie Dean, BSN, RN, OCN
- Kristin Roche, BSN, RN, OCN
- Kim Tassone, RN, OCN
- Laura Harrington, MS, RN, OCN
- Jill Simmons, BSN, OCN
- Sharon Day, RN, OCN
- MaryAnn Nash, M.S.RD MC CSO
- Jill Fallon, MSN, RN, OCN, Clinical Research Coordinator
- Social Work
- Patient Care Coordinator
- Laura Kilkenney, MT, ASCP, Laboratory Manager
- Sanela Begic, MT
- Theresa O'Sullivan, MLT, ASCP
- Deborah Engdall, Phlebotomist
- Judy Clark, Phlebotomist
- Warren B Rogers, BS RPh, Director of Pharmacy, Lawrence + Memorial
- Melissa Hammel, RPh, Pharmacy Oncology Manger
- Joan Rivington, PharmD, Board-Certified Oncology Pharmacist
- Judith Roseman, CPht, Pharmacy Technician
- Gemma Garcia, CPht , Pharmacy Technician
230 Waterford Parkway South, Waterford, CT 06385
Unique Collaborative Design Process
The Lawrence + Memorial Cancer Center in affiliation with Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care is a 47,000-square-foot facility conveniently located off I-95 at 230 Waterford Parkway South, Waterford, Connecticut.
The L+M Cancer Center was designed with patient care, convenience and comfort in mind. The building incorporates input and feedback from clinical staff, patient advisors and cancer survivors, hospital directors and senior administration, along with architectural and construction professionals. The end result of this collaborative, innovative design process is a cancer treatment facility that offers the utmost comfort and convenience to patients, with the latest technologies in medical and radiation oncology.
Understanding the importance of environmental sustainability, Lawrence + Memorial ensured that the facility was built to meet LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification standards, and kept the natural landscape intact wherever possible.
The L+M Cancer Center was designed around three main elements: identity, region and patient. With its beautiful location in Southeastern Connecticut, classic New England architectural elements are a natural fit. The building exterior takes inspiration from the local use of brick, cedar shingles and windows, while the interior design concept centers on connecting patients with nature.
Maintaining the focus on patient comfort, the windows with the best views of the serene, wooded surroundings are utilized in the spaces dedicated to individual care, including the private and semi-private infusion bays in the medical oncology department. The infusion bays further increase patient comfort through individual controls that ensure a consistently comfortable temperature. The reclining infusion chairs are specially designed with touch-control heated seats and massage. Televisions are stationed at each infusion chair and bed, as well as in the main waiting areas. Wi-Fi is available throughout the facility.
In addition to the treatment bays in the medical oncology department and the state-of-the-art radiation therapy stations, a lab for monitoring treatment progress and pharmacy for dispensing chemotherapy and other medications are located on-site, providing convenience for patients and their loved ones.
Referring A Patient
At the L+M Cancer Center in affiliation with Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care, we are committed to providing prompt communication and, collaborating with you on your patients’ care/treatment is a top priority.
To refer and/or schedule an appointment for an adult patient, please call Karen Geary, Patient Care Co-ordinator at 860.444.3744, ext. 3154 who will collect the necessary information to schedule an appointment for your patient or a family member.
If you are a physician needing to speak with a medical oncologist or radiation oncologist prior to scheduling an appointment, call 860.444.3744 and you will be put in touch with the attending physician.
The L+M Cancer Center is one of two L+M facilities located on Waterford Parkway South. Please click here for driving directions to the L+M Cancer Center, 230 Waterford Parkway South, Waterford, CT 06385.